On Monday, 28th November 2016, the Transport Board will be partnering with the Ministry of Education to provide transportation for a number of students, in both the Primary and Secondary Schools, to and from various locations around the island to allow them to participate in the Human Chain Link 2016.
Unfortunately, we are unable to cover these transportation requirements without some level of disruption to our regular service schedules. We therefore anticipate some delays to our regular schedules during the preparation and execution of this iconic activity.
Please take note of the above and plan your travel accordingly as this will require a number of our buses to complete the activity and this will occur during the morning peak hours. We do apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Please be informed with immediate effect the area of Walker’s Road, St. Andrew will be closed. As a result of this closure access to the Babylon area would be difficult. The following road diversion will be introduced:-
- The St. Andrew Church bus on reaching the top of Lower Walkers Road will turn right through Babylon and exit right unto Belleplaine road, continue unto the original route returning via same.
- The Shorey Village bus from Bridgetown and the Bathsheba bus to Speightstown on reaching St. Andrew’s Primary School will not travel through Babylon but will continue across the bridge to the round-a-bout and continue the original routes.
- The Bathsheba bus from Speightstown will travel to Bawdens turn right by St. Andrews Primary School unto Babylon Road and continue the journey. The Shorey Village buses travelling to Bridgetown will travel across the bridge to Belleplaine and continue the route.
This road closure is expected to be in effect for one week.
Please be guided accordingly and travel with due care through the area.
The C.O. Williams Construction team advises the travelling public that this Saturday, 16th January 2016, Waterford Road from the Clyde Walcott roundabout to the junction at Combermere School will be closed to all vehicular traffic from 8.00 p.m. until 6.00 a.m. on Sunday morning while a trench is cut across Waterford bottom for a gas main.
Motorists will need to plan their route in advance and follow the directional signs to reach their various destinations bearing in mind that the diversion will be at Combermere and Clyde Walcott roundabout from 8 p.m. Saturday and 6 the following morning.
The Transport Board services to Martins Bay, Sugar Hill, Chalky Mount, Flat Rock and Bathsheba will travel along Tweedside Road, Fairfield, the Belle and onto the ABC Highway where these will rejoin the regular route at the Clyde Walcott roundabout and of course in the reverse order back into the City.
The C.O. Williams Construction teams thank you for your understanding, cooperation and kind consideration as they move the earth to please.
Due to road works by Arthur Construction, Church Hill road will be closed. All Cross Country buses that travel via this route would be diverted through Durants.
Therefore buses leaving Oistins will travel via Thornbury Hill and take the 1st left by the Green Shop unto Durants and follow the road to the junction by Water Street and continue on their normal routes.
All in bound Cross Country buses would cover this route in reverse.
Please proceed with caution and be guided accordingly.
Effective 9th April 2014 please note that in order to provide bus services into Windward Gardens and the Lucas Street areas, while road works are continuing along Duncan Road, the Bayfield service will be rerouted as follows:
The Bayfield services from Bridgetown after 6pm will turn left by Hilda Skeene Primary and travel via Lucas Street to Windward Gardens.
The bus would service the development and then return to the junction by the Hilda Skeene Primary school and continue along the normal route.
Transport Board wishes to inform the travelling public, that the Ministry of Transport & Works will be undertaking road works along River Road by Starcom Network, today Friday, April 4, 2014. As a result one lane will be rendered impassable. This activity may cause some delays to our services.
The Transport Board apologies for any inconveiences caused.
The Transport Board wishes to advise the general public that effective April 2, 2014 all bus services to Bayfield will no longer travel into Duncan’s St. Philip after 6:00 pm.
This is due to ongoing road works. This route adjustment is to ensure the safety of passengers travelling on this service.
The Transport Board apologizes for any inconvenience caused.
‘You Are In Safe Hands With Us’
We wish to advise the traveling public of possible delays in service on Tuesday, 11th March 2014; Tuesday, 18th March 2014 and Tuesday, 25th March 2014.
On the above days the Transport Board will be providing transportation for Primary School students to the National Stadium for the Napsac 2014 Competition. The transportation is required for Primary Schools for the Quarter finals, Semi-finals and finals.
Unfortunately, we are unable to cover these transportation requirements without some level of disruption to our regular Service Schedules. We therefore anticipate some delays during the peak hours on the dates above.
Please take note of the above and plan your travel accordingly. We do apologize for any inconvenience however caused.
The Transport Board wishes to advise the travelling public of possible delays in service on Thursday, 27th February 2014 and Friday, 28th February 2014.
On Thursday, 27th February 2014 Transport Board will be providing transportation for Primary School Sports to National Stadium (Napsac). On Friday, 28th February 2014 we will also be providing transportation for schools to Agrofest 2014 and an influx of commuters will be visiting Bridgetown for the 375 Anniversary of Parliament. In addition to providing transportation for the above, the board will be required to providing its regular daily service.
Unfortunately, we are unable to cover all of these activities without some level of disruption to our Service Schedule. We therefore anticipate some delays during the peak hours.
Please take note of the above and plan your travel accordingly. We do apologise for any inconvenience however caused.
The Transport Board wishes to inform the traveling public that effective Sunday, 14th April 2013 the following changes in route and times will be in effect.
Outbound Route Description:
- Fairchild Street Terminal, River Road, Collymore Rock, Wildey, Sargeant Village, Vauxhall, Kendal Hill, left to Maxwell Top Road, (Pick up passengers for Bridgetown) left at the Cane Vale Junction, Gall Hill, Left to Water Street, right to Wotton (Salvation Army) pick up for Bridgetown, Circle Kingsland, continue and turn right to Kingsland main Road, right to Albany Ave (after the DG school), left to Arden Ave, 2nd right, left on Chelsea, 1st right and continue bearing right to the T junction and turn right, then left on Kingsland West, right to Kingsland left to Montrose, Water Street.
Inbound Route Description:
- Water Street, Montrose, right to Gall Hill, Silver Hill Housing area, right to Kendal Hill, Vauxhall, Sargeant Village, Wildey, Collymore Rock, River Road, John Beckle’s Drive, Constitution Road St. Michael Row, Bridge Street, Fairchild Street.
As a result of the Silver Hill Service going into Kingsland between the hours of 06.00 am – 08.00 p.m. the St. Patricks service will only go into Kingland at 09.00 p.m., 10.00 p.m., 11.00 p.m. & 12.00 a.m.