Tenders are invited for Insurance Broking Services for the Transport Board’s Insurance Portfolio. Insurance will be for the two (2) year period commencing January 1st, 2013 to December 31st, 2014. A Tender document detailing Insurance Broking Services required can be obtained from the General Manager of the Transport Board at “Weymouth”, Roebuck Street, St. Michael, for a fee of $200.00.
The Transport Board’s Insurance Portfolio is made up as follows: –
- Comprehensive and Third party Coverage – Motor Fleet
- Fire and Perils Coverage – Motor Fleet
- Employer’s Liability
- Public Liability
- Cash in Transit
- Ancillary Vehicles
- Buildings and contents
- The Contractor will be required in accordance with the provisions of the Labour Clauses (Public Contracts) Act. 1952 (1952-12) to observe minimum conditions of employment, including payment of wages. Each tender must be accompanied by a certificate, as specified in paragraph 3 of the abovementioned Act. Full details of these conditions may be obtained from the Chief Labour Office, Warrens Office Complex, Warrens, St. Michael.
- In addition, the Contractor will be required to possess the necessary experience and resources to satisfy the Board of the contractor’s ability to satisfy this tender.
- All corporate Tenderers must submit with their tender a copy of the Company’s Certificate of Incorporation as evidence of the fact that the company is an existing Registered Company, as at the date of tender. The certificate must be in the name of the tenderer. FAILURE TO PROVIDE THE CERTIFICATE OF INCORPORATION WILL RENDER THE TENDER VOID.
- Tenders are advised that the Certificate of Incorporation referred to at paragraph 3 above, means a Certificate of Incorporation issued under the 1985 Companies Act or where applicable, a Certificate of Continuance and/or a Certificate of Amalgamation or a Certificate of Amendment. Certificates must be dated after December 31st, 1984.
- Recent Certificates of Clearance from the Director, National Insurance Scheme and the Commissioner of Inland Revenue must be submitted with tenders.
- Each tender must be submitted in a sealed envelope marked “Tender for Insurance Broking Services” to the Chairman, Tenders Committee, Transport Board, “Weymouth”, Roebuck Street, St. Michael. Tenders should be submitted not later than 4:00 p.m. on Friday, October 19th, 2012.
- The successful tenderer will be required to enter into a contract drawn up on approval by the Board’s Attorney-at-Law.
- Envelopes should not bear the name of the tenderers.
- The Board does not bind itself to accept the lowest or any tender.