- The Government of Barbados through the Transport Board invites Expressions of Interest for the repairs of ten (10) Hino Buses
- The scope of repairs to be completed on these buses may be collected from the address below:
The General Manager
- Interested firms/individuals must provide information establishing that they are qualified to carry out the requisite repairs to these Hino Buses by submitting evidence of their past experience in undertaking similar projects, the availability of appropriate skills, equipment capabilities and historical contract non-performance. Firms may associate to enhance their qualifications. Further information may be obtained from the Quality Assurance Manager, Transport Board, Weymouth, Roebuck Street, Bridgetown, Barbados between Monday, February, 2nd, 2015 and Friday, February, 13th, 2015 during working hours of 9.00 am and 3.00 pm except on Public Holidays.
- All corporate applications must include with the application a copy of the company’s Certificate of Incorporation as evidence of the fact that the company is an existing registered company as at the date of the application. The Certificate must be in the name of the applicant. Local applicants are advised that the Certificate of Incorporation referred to above means a Certificate of Incorporation issued under the 1985 Companies Act of Barbados or where applicable a Certificate of Amendment. Certificates must be dated after December 31, 1984.
- A shortlist of no more than six (6) persons expressing interest will be invited to submit proposals. Applicants will be advised of the results of their application in due course.
- Any company incorporated outside of Barbados which is awarded a contract will be required to be registered in Barbados as an external company under the Companies Act of Barbados.
- APPLICANTS SHOULD BE AWARE THAT THE LABOUR CLAUSE S (PUBLIC CONTRACTS) ACT CAP. 349 SHALL IN SO FAR AS IT IS APPLICABLE TO THE SUBJECT OF THE TENDER, APPLY TO ANY CONTRACT MADE IN RESPECT OF THE TENDER. FULL DETAILS OF THE CONDITIONS OF THE ACT, CAP 349 MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE CHIEF LABOUR OFFICER, 2ND FLOOR, WARRENS OOFICE COMPLEX, WARRENS, ST. MICHAEL. APPLICANTS SHOULD SUBMIT THE CERTIFICATE REQUIRED BY PARAGRAPH 3 OF THE SCHEDULE TO THE ACT WITH THEIR TENDERS.
- The original and one (1) copy of the Expression of Interest clearly marked “Request for Expressions of Interest for the repairs of 10 Hino Buses” must be prepared in English and delivered in sealed envelopes to the following address no later than 4:30 pm on Monday, February 16, 2015.
The General Manager
- The Expressions of Interest must be placed in the Tenders Box located at the above address.
- Late submissions will not be accepted and will be returned unopened to the applicants.
- The Transport Board reserves the right to accept or reject Expressions of Interest received.