DEADLINE EXTENDED TO: Tuesday, 22 January 2019
The Barbados Transport Board in following up on an expression of interest issued on August 24, 2018 the Board is now inviting Bids for the supply of a fleet of electric buses, together with the requisite charging stations, on a revenue-sharing basis.
The arrangement to be put in place will require that: –
- The Barbados Transport Board breaks even and budget transfers from Central Government be phased out.
- The cost and risk of the acquisition the electric buses be borne solely by the bidder.
- The bidder has adequate equity and resources to absorb shocks to revenue or increased cost without defaulting on the arrangement
Under the arrangement, the partner is expected to: –
- Provide between 120 to 180 electric buses within 12 to 18 months on the signing of the contract and solely on the basis of the requirements stated above and in conformity with the technical requirements as defined in the specification sheet.
- Conduct all necessary due diligence and negotiations with the Barbados Light and Power company with respect to the timeline, cost of charging stations and electricity rates.
The scope of the arrangement also includes providing technical inputs related to battery and battery management system data required for the design of electric vehicle chargers and providing support and resources in works related to battery management system interfaces etc., during the commissioning of electric vehicle chargers.
All bids must be accompanied by a Bid Security in the amount of BDS $5,000 in favour of the Barbados Transport Board and in the form as stipulated in the bidding documents.
Qualifying Requirements for bidders
- The application must include a copy of the company’s Certificate of Incorporation. The certificate must be in the name of the applicant.
- The bidder must provide proof of its ability to finance the acquisitions and to withstand any shocks in revenue or increased cost. No sovereign guarantee, letter of comfort, or other indication of support will be provided as part of the contract.
- The bidder must furnish, along with its bid, a letter of understanding, supported by a Board Resolution pledging unconditional and irrevocable financial support for the execution of the contract by the bidder in case of award.
- A copy of the most recent audited financial statement must also accompany the bid document.
The Barbados Transport Board reserves the right to reject any or all bids or cancel/withdraw the invitation for bids without assigning any reason whatsoever and in such case no bidder/ intending bidder shall have any claim arising from such action.
The Barbados Transport Board is not responsible for any costs or expenses incurred by Applicants in connection with the preparation of delivery of the Bid.
The original and one (1) electronic copy of the Bid, clearly marked “Bid to partner with the Transport Board in the acquisition of electric buses” must be prepared in English and delivered in sealed envelopes to the following address no later than 4:30pm on
Friday, 11 January 2019 Tuesday, 22 January 2019
The Tenders Committee
The Bid must be placed in the Tenders Box located at the above address.
Late submissions will not be accepted and will be returned unopened to the applicants.