The Transport Board invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals to manage the Finance Department allowing for the timely and efficient reporting of the financial operations of the Transport Board and to establish and maintain effective financial management systems and procedures including budgeting, cost control, auditing, and revenue collection.
The Scope of work:
*The management of the Finance Department to ensure proper functioning of the Accounts, Payroll, Fuel, Purchasing and Stores, Statistics and Revenue sub-sections.
- Preparation and presentation of financial statements on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis
- Completion of all schedules and audit information for the annual audit of the financial statements
- Leads the preparation of the annual budget, forecasts and other information required by Ministries, Statutory bodies, and other stakeholders
- Verifies and validates financial data in order to determine the organisation’s performance in terms of economy, efficiency and effectiveness
- Prepares and presents, when required, information on the organisation’s financial performance to the Board of Directors
- Liaises with department heads and ensure good fiscal performance in keeping with the budget
- Manages the relationship with creditors and debtors to ensure prompt settlement of accounts and the timely recovery of funds including rents from vendors’ booths.
- Development and formulation of policies and controls to ensure effective management of the department with good internal controls and procedures
- Ensures that the organisation is compliant with the requirements of the Public Finance Management Act
- Implementing a program of sound fiscal control to reduce cost and maximize revenue
Qualifications and experience required:
- Holder of a professional accounting designation (ACCA, CGA/CPA)
- At least three (3) to five (5) years’ post qualification experience in Financial Management
- Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards
- Computer literacy including good knowledge of ACCPAC accounting software package and spreadsheet application
- Ability to work under pressure and be deadline driven
- Excellent managerial, communication and people management skills.
Applications along with Curriculum Vitae must be submitted no later than 4:30 p.m. on Friday 28th May 2021
See link to advertisement below