The Transport Board, a Statutory Corporation within the Government of Barbados, is seeking to recruit a knowledgeable, experienced and energetic individual to join its management team as a Human Resources Manager (HRM).
The HRM should have among other things at least five years’ experience in Human Resources Management.
Some Core areas of responsibilities include:
- Negotiating with the workers’ representatives on wages/salaries and other conditions of service.
- Developing and administering a performance appraisal system.
- The preparation and supervision of annual training programmes and activities.
- The recruitment and selection of staff.
- Develop and maintain programs to improve staff morale.
- Ensuring that the proper level of discipline is maintained at all times in accordance with the Collective Agreement, the Code of Conduct and the relevant Labour laws.
- Ensuring all personnel records are kept and maintained.
- Liaising with Senior Management and monitoring the Human Resources activities
- Ensuring that management is advised on HR matters.
- Any other related duties as assigned by the General Manager.
At least a First Degree in Human Resources Management; Industrial Relations, Business Administration or related field.
Special Skills, Experience and Knowledge:
Knowledge of Human Resources Management; Industrial Relations; Safety and Health Legislation; Labour Laws and General Management; interpersonal skills, project management, problem solving and decision making skills.
The Transport Board will enter into a contract with the successful candidate for a period of 3 years
Annual salary $ 81, 575 or $ 6,797.92 (monthly) An annual gratuity of 20%
Deadline for Applications: 31st December 2014
Written applications for the vacant position should be accompanied with a current resume, two references and a recent Police Certificate of Character and should be submitted to The Chairman, Board of Directors, Transport Board, Weymouth, Roebuck Street, St. Michael.