Please be reminded that in accordance with the Emergency Management (Covid19) (Curfew) (No5) Directive 2021, as it relates to the provision of public transportation the following applies under Section 20 of the Directive:
- All public service vehicles and motor omnibuses are limited to carrying 60% of their seated capacity;
- The windows of public service vehicles shall remain open throughout the journey, except during inclement weather;
- The instruction at #2 does not apply to those public service vehicles whose windows are sealed by the manufacturer;
- The owner or driver of a public service vehicle shall ensure that the vehicle is sanitized after putting down passengers and before taking up new passengers at the motor omnibus depots and terminals as detailed below:
- Mangrove Bus Depot;
- Oistins Bus Depot;
- Constitution Road Terminal;
- Fairchild Street Terminal;
- Princess Alice Terminal; and
- Speightstown Terminal.
- Drivers, conductors, and passengers are required to wear face masks for the entire length of the journey;
- An owner or driver of a public service vehicle who fails to comply with any provision, in addition to the penalty provided by paragraph 26, is liable to have their license or permit suspended.
For clarity please note that Section 26 referenced above of the said Directive states that:
Any person who contravenes this Directive or fails to comply with any condition specified by the Chief Medical Officer or the Unit is guilty of an offence and is liable on summary conviction to a fine of $50,000.00 or to imprisonment for a term of one year or to both pursuant to paragraph 15(1) of the Emergency Management (COVID-19) (No. 3) Order, 2020 (S.I. 2020 No. 71.)
(Extracted from Emergency Management (COVID-19) (CURFEW) (NO. 5) DIRECTIVE, 2021)