Tenders are invited for the supply of Security Services to the Transport Board for a period of two years from Janaury 1st, 2013 to December 31st, 2014. These services are required at the Mangrove Depot. A Tender document detailing Security Services required can be obtained from the General Manager of the Transport Board at “Weymouth”, Roebuck Street, St. Michael, for a fee of $100.00.
- The contractor will be required in accordance with the provisions of the Labour Clauses (Public Contracts) Act. 1952 (1952-12) to observe minimum conditions of employment, including payment of wages. Each tender must be accompanied by a certificate, as specified in paragraph 3 of the abovementioned Act. Full details of these conditions may be obtained from the Chief Labour Officer, Warren Office Complex, Warrens St. Michael.
- All corporate Tenderers must submit with their tender a copy of the Company’s Certificate of Incorporation as evidence of the fact that the company is an existing Registered Company, as at the date of tender. The certificate must be in the name of the tenderer. FAILURE TO PROVIDE THE CERTIFICATE OF INCORPORATION WILL RENDER THE TENDER VOID.
- Tenders are advised that the Certificate of Incorporation referred to at paragraph 2 above, means a Certificate of Incorporation issued under the 1985 Companies Act or where applicable, a certificate of Continuance and/or a Certificate of Amalgamation or a Certificate of Amendment. Certificates must be dated after December 31, 1984.
- Certificates of Clearance from the Director, National Insurance Scheme, the Commissioner of Inland Revenue and the Comptroller of Customs in respect of VAT, must be submitted with tenders.
- Each tender must be submitted in a sealed envelope marked “Tender for the Supply of Security Services” to the Chairman, Tenders Committee, Transport Board, “Weymouth”, Roebuck Street, St. Michael. Tenders should be submitted not later than 4:00 p.m. on Friday, 19th October 2012.
- The successful tenderer will be required to enter into a Contract drawn up on approval by the Board’s Attorney-at-law.
- Envelopes should not bear the name of the tenderers. Further information can be obtained from the General Manager on application.
- The Board does not bind itself to accept the lowest or any tenderer.