The Transport Board invites Tenders for the supply of Tyres for the Board’s fleet of buses for a period of two years from January 1st 2013 – December 31st 2014. The Tender is as specified below: –
|1000 x 20||Radial||2000 per Year|
|750 x 16||Radial||200 per Year|
|215/75/17.5||Radial||20 per Year|
- The contractor will be required in accordance with the provisions of the Labour Clauses (Public Contract) Act 1952 (1952-12) to observe minimum conditions of employment, including payment of wages. Each tender must be accompanied by a certificate, as specified in paragraph 3 of the above mentioned Act. Full details of these conditions may be obtained from the Chief Labour Officer, Warrens Office Complex, Warrens, St. Michael.
- All Corporate tenderers must submit with their tender a copy of the Company’s Certificate of Incorporation as evidence of the fact that the company is an existing Registered Company, as at the date of tender. The certificate must be in the name of the tenderer. FAILURE TO PROVIDE THE CERTIFICATE OF INCORPORATION WILL RENDER THE TENDER VOID.
- All quotes must be VAT Inclusive.
- Tenderers are advised that the Certificate of Incorporation referred to at paragraph 2 above, means a Certificate of Incorporation issued under the 1985 Companies Act or where applicable, a certificate of Continuance and/or a certificate of Amalgamation or a certificate of Amendment. Certificates must be dated after December 31, 1984.
- Certificates of Clearance from the Director, National Insurance Scheme, the Commissioner of Inland Revenue and the Comptroller of Customs in respect of VAT, must be submitted with tenders.
- Each tender must be submitted in a sealed envelope marked “Tender for Tyres” to the Chairman, Tenders Committee, Transport Board, “Weymouth”, Roebuck Street, St. Michael. Tenders should be submitted not later than 4:00 p.m. on Friday, October 19th, 2012.
- The successful tenderer will be required to enter into a contract drawn up on approval by the Board’s Attorney-at-law.
- Envelopes should not bear the name of the tenderers. Further information can be obtained from the General Manager on application.
- The Board does not bind itself to accept the lowest or any tender.